The Oasis Network provides foster carers with support, respite and advice from an experienced carer and mentor.
The Network provides a range of benefits including peer support, regular joint planning and social activities. Experienced foster carers will provide support and respite to a group of 6 to 8 foster homes by giving carers
- an oasis with space and time to reflect
- a network of additional support
- stronger relationships with social workers
- motivation and confidence building
- a network that reduces carer isolation.
Oasis Network Carers receive a bespoke financial package of around £20,000 per year plus training and will be fully supported by a Liaison Worker. They will benefit from stronger relationships with fellow foster carers and social workers, gaining knowledge and access to resources. The role is ideal for experienced caregivers with well-developed social and emotional skills who excel at building strong relationships.
The Oasis Network will also
- offer placement stability for young people
- enhance the fostering experience
- build links to resources in the wider community
- reduce placement moves.
or to talk to our friendly recruitment team call 0800 801 530
Foster carer resource hub
“This was so beneficial and help from other carers too was great."
"I felt that I was not alone in things I sometimes struggle with and realised that people have the same issues through the whole of the fostering system.”
Foster carers who have benefited from a pilot scheme