Can I adopt?
Are you the adopter we need? We need adopters for children of all ages, brothers and sisters, and children with extra needs. We are particularly looking for adopters for sibling pairs and groups, toddlers and young children age 4 years and older, and children with disabilities.
Adoption is a way of becoming the legal parent of a child who cannot live with their birth family.
Many people can adopt.
You can adopt if you:
- are over 21 - there is no upper age limit
- are married, single or living with a partner of any gender
- have somewhere to live – whether rented or owned
- are in reasonable health - being overweight or having previously had an illness won’t necessarily prevent you adopting
- have enough energy to care for a child during their dependent years
- have finished any fertility treatment
- have been a non-smoker for six months – if you want to adopt a child 5 years or under, or a child with a specific health issue
- have lived in the UK for at least a year
- have children, your youngest child must be at least 3 years old or over
A low income, criminal record or difficult early life won’t necessarily prevent you adopting.
You'll also need the time, skills and commitment to give a child a safe, stable and loving home.
Get in touch
or call us 0800 801 530
"Since our daughter came to join our family, life has changed in so many ways and our dream has finally come true." - Adam